Commencement 2020 - The University Commencement Ceremony is postponed per President Pollack’s email on Friday, 3/20/20 and a future date is unknown at this time.
IMPORTANT SPRING 2020 PSYCHOLOGY UNDERGRADUATE MAJOR / MINOR UPDATES as of April 13, 2020
- Revised drop deadline has been extended to the last day of classes on May 12th
- Grade change option deadline has also been extended to May 12th
- Final grading deadline for spring classes has been moved from May 26th to June 10th
- University degree posting deadline is now June 18th
- Any Cornell psychology course completed during the spring 2020 semester will count towards entrance into the psychology major / minor, even if it is taken S.U. with a satisfactory pass.
- Students still have the option to change from S.U. to a letter grade for any course that counts towards the major or minor.
- Current psychology majors and minors: S.U. courses taken this spring 2020 semester will count toward the major / minor requirements.
Undergraduate students will gain familiarity with current knowledge about the important determinants of human behavior and with the methods used to expand that knowledge, while developing critical thinking skills. Undergraduate areas of study include: behavioral and evolutionary neuroscience; perception, cognition and development; or social and personality psychology.
The Undergraduate Program in Psychology
Undergraduate Research Spotlight: Lindsay Rait '17
In her lab in the basement of Uris Hall, Lindsay Rait ’17, experiments with rats as she studies the role of the brain’s hippocampus in contextual memory. One day a week, she welcomes Lehman Alternative Community School junior Mohammed Williams into the lab, where he soaks up information about her research methods and also explores whether a career in research might be the right pathway for him.
Click here to learn more about Lindsay's research and her work with the Young Researchers Program.